Saturday, October 27, 2012

VEP's in our Life ?

At the outset you might be wondering what is VEP - Simply said it is VERY ENCOURAGING PERSON. There are a number of people who has been VEP in my journey. I was 7 years old when I understood my spiritual condition in a Daily Vacation Bible School in Grace Baptist Church in Kalasungay, Bukidnon Philippines . Through Miss Mugot's explaination I accepted the Lord Jesus as my  personal saviour.  I will be forever grateful to her for being an instrument in me knowing the gospel. She said someday God  is going to use me in spreading God's word.

The other VEP in my life is Miss Abejuela, my Literature teacher at the Bukidnon Provincial High School. I still remember those authors and books that we have to study. Edgar Allan Poe, Guy de Maupasant, In Flanders Field, Charge of the Light Brigade, Man from La Manza, Gettysburgh Address of Lincoln, Elizabeth Barrett Browning,  etc. She was the one who told me that I have the gift of explaining and making quick outlines of literature. She said someday I will be a great orator.

I was active with the youth fellowship of Bible Baptist Church in Cebu City during my college years. It was Miss Daisy Madula who auditioned me to join the choir and later on the men's quartet. She was the one who told me that I can sing high and low octave with ease. I could be either  Bass or Tenor. She said God will use me  in music ministry someday. She was a VEP during my college years.

God did use  me to plant evangelical churches in Montreal and Ottawa as well preaching and a choir conductor.

There are only two things we can do to anyone  either we ENCOURAGE or DISCOURAGE them. Be a VEP.

1 comment: